IR Magazine interviews TBH’s Sarah Crawshaw on working with recruiters 28/09/2015
Taylor Bennett Heyman’s Managing Director for Asia Pacific, Sarah Crawshaw, recently sat down with IR magazine to discuss how candidates can get the most out of their relationships with recruiters and executive search firms.
Here are our top five tips:
1. Prepare before you get in touch. Being articulate, clear and well researched will indicate your potential as a candidate.
2. Show flexibility and keep an open mind to suggestions, even if they do not match your aspirations exactly.
3. Don’t try to bypass the retained recruiter. A hiring company usually pays an external adviser to handle the recruitment process because it doesn’t want to deal directly with candidates.
4. Request honest feedback and be prepared to have your thinking challenged. You will get more out of the relationship that way.
5. Keep in touch and update the recruitment agency on your circumstances, but get the balance right. Bombarding it will serve only to make it feel harassed; it won’t further your cause.
The full article can be found here (IR Magazine subscription required).